Did you know that PIMS auto-reconciles both labor reimbursements and parts invoices from Apple?
PIMS knows the labor reimbursements for each repair and your Service Excellence Score. If the reimbursement you get from Apple agrees with what PIMS thinks you should get, the credit is automatically booked to accounting. PIMS will return a list of those SROs not reconciled, giving you the opportunity to dispute those with Apple.
PIMS knows the Exchange and Stock prices of all GSX parts. If PIMS agrees with the amount you were invoiced from Apple, the charge is automatically booked to accounting. PIMS will return a list of any SRO not reconciled, with an explanation of the dispute. PIMS will not auto-reconcile an invoice if:
- You have not received the part.
- You ordered the part as a warranty repair.
- You have not billed your customer for the part.
- You were charged a different price than PIMS expected.
- If you flagged the part as GPR or DOA, PIMS will alert you if you were invoiced for the part, but never received the credit.
- If you flagged the part as CTS, PIMS will allow for multiple invoices from Apple, but will not let the total of all invoices be greater than the stock price of the part.
- PIMS will auto-reconcile shipping charges, whether they are on the same invoice as the part, or on a separate invoice, but will not reconcile more shipping charges than you have parts on that SRO.