Did you know that you can setup an Apple TV by simply bumping your iPhone to your Apple TV? It's true. If your iPhone is already connected to your home wifi network and logged in to your Apple ID, you can simply bump your iPhone to your Apple TV during the setup process on the language select screen and the Apple TV will automatically import your wifi and Apple ID settings from your iPhone.
What is required?
A WiFi network Apple TV 3rd Gen using Apple TV software 6.0 or later One of the following iOS devices running iOS 7 or later:
- iPhone 4s or later
- iPad 3rd gen or later
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 5th gen
- Connect your Apple TV to your television and power and wait until you Apple TV displays the setup screen.
- Unlock your iOS 7 device and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled. Also ensure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use with Apple TV.
- Touch your iOS device to your Apple TV and wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS device and Apple TV.
- Enter your Apple ID and password on your iOS device.
- Choose if you want Apple TV to remember your Apple ID password, and if you want Apple TV to send data to Apple. Note: This does not change your iOS device preferences.
- Your Apple TV will start the configuration process, including connecting to your Wi-Fi network, activating Apple TV, and setting up your iTunes Store account.
- When complete, your Apple TV is ready to use.
Note: While configuring your Apple TV, keep your iOS device within 10 to 15 feet of your Apple TV until the configuration process completes.